Thursday, November 4, 2010

Guide to: Organizing Your Gift Wrapping Station


The holidays are right around the corner and this is the perfect time to get your gift wrapping supplies organized. I store all of mine under my bed, so throughout the year it gets very messy. I also shop the clearance sales at the end of the holidays to stock up on my supplies for the following year. And yes, I just cram it all under my bed and don’t think about it until the first of November.

Gather up all your gift wrap, ribbons, bows, tissue paper, boxes, gift bags and tags. Oh, and don’t forget your scissors and tape. This is when I inventory all of my supplies. If you are like me, then you always have way too much wrapping paper and not enough of everything else. Make a quick shopping list of the items you are out of stock on. And, I suggest that you go out and purchase them now. All the stores are already stocking these items on their shelves and it will save you time in the long run if you have them all on hand now.



I like to set up a gift wrapping station in my house, so all my supplies are in one location. I like to wrap each gift as I purchase them. A quick 5-minute wrapping session a couple times a week seems to be a time saver for me. I don’t like to sit for hours and try to wrap every gift all in one evening. If you wrap your items early, like I do, don’t forget to tag them. With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, you won’t be able to remember whom you bought the gift for weeks later.

I hope these tips will help lower your stress levels during the holidays. And, don’t forget to shop those clearance sales in January to stock up on your gift wrapping supplies for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment